Aadhar is a unique 12 digit number which is issued to all Indians and this system is managed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The UIDAI collects members biometric information and assigns a unique number to the member. This identity is linked up with all the government and private departments like bank accounts, GAS connections, Income tax, voter identity, driving license and many other areas. With this, it would be easy for the government to track member details.
- How to Apply for Aadhar Card
- How to Download Aadhar Card
- How to Change Address on Aadhar Card
- How to Get Duplicate Aadhar Card
- Lost Aadhar Card
- What is URN Number
How to Apply for Aadhar Card
Don't have an aadhar, then apply right away. It is the single identity document required for availing benefits from the government. Follow the below steps for applying a new UIDAI number.
- Search for the enrolment center nearest to your area where you are living.
- Once you located the center, then call the enrollment center customer care and book an appointment.
- Carry proof of identity documents like PAN, voter id, passport or any other identity document issued by the government of India.
- Enrolment officer will take biometric information like fingerprints, IRIS and then hands over an acknowledgment slip.
- The acknowledgment slip has an enrolment id which you can use to track the UIDAI status online.
- It will take at least one month for the UIDAI to issue an UIDAI document.
How to Download Aadhar Card
Follow the below Steps to download in PDF format
- Visit the website, https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/. You can use either the Enrolment Id (EID) or aadhar ID to download.
- Enter the Enrolment ID/Aadhar ID. If you are using enrolment id, then you also have to enter the date and time printed on your acknowledgment slip.
- Enter your Full Name.
- Enter the Pin Code.
- Fill out the captcha and Click on the Get one Time Password button.
- You will receive a one time OTP number. Enter the OTP and then click on the Validate & Download button.
- Your UIDAI ID will be downloaded in PDF format.
- Now open the PDF and enter the Pincode as the password.
How to Change Address on Aadhar Card
You can correct any spelling mistakes in your name, address, date of birth and much more in online. However you should have mobile number registered with the aadhar. Follow the below steps to update your personal details.
- Visit the self service portal, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter aadhar ID and captcha.
- Click on Send OTP button. You will receive a one time password to your mobile.
- Enter the OTP Number and click on Login button.
- Next you will be taken to "Data Request Update" page. This page will show you options to change details of your name, gender, date of birth, address, mobile and email id. Now select the incorrect details on your UID and click on submit button.
- Now fill out the new updated details and click on Submit Update Request Button.
- Next you will be taken to "Documents Required Page" where you have to upload proofs supporting the required changes. You have to upload scanned copies of official documents.
- After this you will be redirected to "BPO Service Provider Selection". Select a BPO service provider either Karvy or Aegis and click on Submit.
- After this you can download a copy of the Update request.
How to Get Duplicate Aadhar Card
You can download a duplicate UID online from the UIDAI portal. Just follow the steps listed in point two. you can also make corrections for your personal details by following the steps in point three.
Lost Aadhar Card
It is quite natural to lost important documents. In case, if you had lost your Id, then you can download it from UIDAI website. If you remember your UIDAI number or Enrollment ID (EID) then follow the steps in the "How to download" section. In case if you don't remember these ID's, then follow the below steps to download from UIDAI portal.
- Visit the portal, https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Select Either UID No. or Enrollment No (EID).
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your email id or mobile number registered with your UIDAI.
- Enter the security code. You will receive an OTP to your email or mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify OTP.
- You will receive the UID or EID to your email or mobile number.
- After getting the number, follow the steps in the "How to download" section for downloading the UIDAI identity.
What is URN Number
Full form of URN is update request number. Whenever you request for some correction like address on your aadhar card, a URN number is generated which you can use to track the status of the update.